I Contact and Responsibility
Prof. Dr. Edgar Seemann, Auf Gölten 52, 78647 Trossingen and
Prof. Dr. Markus Niemann, Im Rosengärtle 15, 78199 Bräunlingen
(1) echocardia.com is a freely accessible, educational site that aims to make echocardiographic knowledge accessible to everyone. Basically, large parts of the website echocardia.com can be used without leaving any personal data. The main page and all subpages are encrypted using an SSL certificate. Generally, we process personal data of our users only to the extent necessary to provide a functioning website and our content and services. The processing of personal data of our users takes place regularly only with the consent of the user. An exception applies in cases where prior obtaining of consent for factual reasons is not possible and the processing of the data is permitted by applicable law.
(2) Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) works as legal basis.
In case of processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR is the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations required to carry out pre-contractual actions.
Insofar as processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation that is subject to our company, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO works as legal basis.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d DSGVO works as legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not prevail over the first interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO works as legal basis for processing.
(3) The personal data of the data subject shall be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage is achieved or according to the various periods of storage stipulated by the European or national legislature. It should be noted that certain personal data may not be deleted after a certain period of time due to legal or contractual retention requirements. In this case, until the deletion, the data concerned will be blocked (see also VIII, (1))
(4) For storing and processing your personal data, we also use business partners to fulfill our services, if necessary. The services our business partners provide to us include, but are not limited to, data storage, security services, legal advice, marketing, content generation. Our business partners may only use or disclose your personal information in accordance with our instructions, are prohibited from using your information for other purposes and we obligate our buisness partners to ensure the confidentiality and security of the personal information they process on our behalf. The personal data will only be stored for as long as necessary for the purposes of the data processing (ie, for example, the processing of a request). We and our business partners destroy or permanently anonymise personal information when it is no longer needed.
(1) In order to use an extended, also free, offer of echocardia.com, there is the possibility for users to register. When processing personal data, we comply in particular with the regulations of the EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR (see also II, (2)), the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the Telecommunications Act (TKG) and the Telemedia Act.
We have designed the registration in a way that the collection of the necessary personal data during registration is reduced to an absolute minimum. Only a valid e-mail address and a password is required as mandatory information. In order to verify that an application is actually made by the owner of the e-mail address, we use the “Double opt-in” procedure. After registering, you are free to add additional personal information to your account. The data is entered into an input mask, transmitted to us and stored in an electronic database in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations and processed for the purpose of providing the service. Please note that we use Google reCaptcha for your and our protection when registering. Please also see V (1).
(2) Legal basis for the processing of the data is in the presence of the consent of the user Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
(3) The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purpose of their collection. This is the case for the data collected during the registration process when the registration on our website is canceled or modified. You have the option of canceling the registration at any time by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com. You can change the data stored about you at any time.
(4) We will not disclose this information to third parties other than stated under II, (4), unless we are required by law to do so.
(3) The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies is Article 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO.
(4) The data of the browser memory are stored on the computer of the user and are transmitted to us if necessary. As a user you have full control over the stored data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. Already stored cookies or stored data in the browser memory can be deleted at any time by yourself. This can also be done automatically.
V Using Google reCaptcha
VI Using Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereinafter referred to as “Google“. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies“, text files that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the site. The information generated by these cookies is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. There is an adequacy decision by the European Commission for data transfers to the US. Processing is based on Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, derived from the legitimate interest in the needs-based and targeted design of the website. You have the right, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you, based on Art. 6 (1) of the GDPR. The IP address provided by Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. Please see https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html or https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/ for more information about Google Analytics terms of service and privacy.
(1) You can contact us via the contact data specified in the imprint e.g. via the provided e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case, the user's personal data transmitted by e-mail will be stored. In this context, there is no disclosure of the data to third parties. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of the data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR
(3) In the case of contact via e-mail, this also includes the required legitimate interest in the processing of the data.
(4) The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purpose of their collection. For the personal data sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user has ended. Conversation ends when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the matter in question has been finally clarified.
VIII Rights of the data subject
(1) You have the right to receive information about your personal data stored by us at any time (including the purpose and intended duration of storage). In addition you have a right of rectification, right of restriction (including the exclusion of your personal data from further processing, if you have made use of your right of rectification or deletion and we have not yet decided), a right of blocking and deletion of your personal data stored and a right to receive your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable format. If you have made use of the right of rectification, deletion or restriction of the processing to us, we are obliged to inform all buisness partners to whom the data was disclosed (unless it proves impossible or disproportionate) that data deletion or limitation has to take place instantaneously. It should be noted that certain personal data may not be deleted after a certain period of time due to legal or contractual retention requirements. In this case, a blocking of the data affected by this takes place until the deletion.
(2) You have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data, which is processed based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e or f GDPR. We then no longer process the your personal information unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the purpose of enforcing, pursuing or defending legal claims.
(3) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
IX Right to revoke the privacy statement
(1) You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
X features and links to other pages
XI Change of our data protection policy
(1) We reserve the right to change this data protection policy from time to time to ensure that it complies with current legal requirements or to implement changes to our services, e.g. when introducing new services.